The Foundation offers the opportunity for all Kering collaborators to engage in the cause of women and volunteer for NGOs or Social Entrepreneurs.
With the Solidarity Leave Program, volunteer collaborators contribute to NGO projects for the benefit of women in southern countries during two weeks.
What is a solidarity leave?
A Solidarity Leave is a great occasion to get involved with an NGO and support the cause of women in Asia or America through a short term assignment. During two weeks, you will have the unique opportunity to share your skills and build capacities of grassroots organizations through a variety of missions such as:
- Train women beneficiaries to stitching
- Develop the communication strategy of an NGO
- Define new design for handicraft products
- Reinforce business strategy and management of an NGO
Your manager and local HR Department grants you an additional two to four days of paid leave to carry out your assignment
Expenses paid by Kering or by the Kering Foundation
- On-site expenses (insurance, housing, food, transportation)
- Fees for pre-departure training
- 50% of the volunteer’s air travel cost (ticket fare)
Expenses paid by the volunteer
In average 500 to 1000€
- Membership fees for NGO
- Visas and vaccinations
- Flight cancellation insurance (highly recommended)
- 50% of air travel cost (ticket fare)
Once you have applied, the partner NGO will initiate various advanced steps:
- Organization of your arrival and housing at destination site
- Information and required visa
- Passeport and vaccinations
- Air travel booking
- Pre departure preparation (on site or e-training depending on your place of work and/or residence)
How to register
Steps to follow to join a solidarity mission
1) Find out about our 4 partners and choose the organisation that best matches your profile and expectations.
2) After selecting the partner, fill out the registration form by clicking on “Apply” on the selected partner's webpage.
3) Upon receipt of your application, the Kering Foundation will confirm your registration via e-mail and will inform the partner that you have been selected. Plan for a conference call with the Kering Foundation team.
4) Register on our partner’s website and provide the information details necessary to prepare for your departure.
5) For any enquiry prior to the partner selection step, please contact the Kering Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. The partner you have selected will be your main contact to organise your mission.